Total Pageviews

progress

Friday, September 23, 2011

picture-cast

Every time I start typing I write more whiny drivel about dealing with my mom's illness.  Since this blog is not about my personal life per se, but only the creative aspects, I will instead catch up on things a bit and intersperse that text with unrelated pictures, like this one:
actually, not a bad representation of my present mood...


I did manage to post about getting ribbons and the Royal "All-American" which I am calling "Futura-istic."

It's a nice machine but I am at a loss for words when trying to use it. 

I like patterns.
 In other news, my IBM supplies are spoken for and packed if the recipient will just get back to me to confirm.  That cool box?  I'm trying to give it to someone who wrote to me quickly.  If she doesn't respond soon it will be up for grabs again.  I have scanned it however to enable anyone to make another box look like it.  I'll post those scans on the anablogger archives.

I carved this stamp at a Christmas party in 2009

There is a lot of talk of writing and publishing.  I'm doing it, but I can't help feeling a bit of a fraud.  I need to keep going back to strikethru's posts to remind myself it's ok to create and to put my stuff out there.  Though she specifies visual arts, where I'm more comfortable, I just substitute "writer" for "artist" and it helps.  It gets me back into my novel editing anyway.

This has gone on long enough.  Here's a pic from Florence

6 comments:

  1. Here's wishing you and your mom the best on your voyages through the tunnel and the dark woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first picture you posted is the first picture where I've seen blown highlights done right. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those comments couldn't have been more different, but they were both welcome. Thanks.
    Mark: actually as an old film photographer, I just exposed for the shadows and adjusted only the color saturation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if it feels like whiny drivel coming out, makes perfect sense going in. And I think the negative space in the Florence photo is a bit magical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you and what you're going through with your mom. I wish I had the right words to say.

    Love these photos. You may not think of yourself as an artist, but you obviously have an eye for these things. I keep coming back to the rooftop photo--love the contrasts in colors and textures there, and, as you put it, the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks LFP that's very nice. Thanks Rob, I don't know why I tend to like so much negative space but I liked that one particularly.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know if capcha comes back. Thanks for commenting.

Followers

Blog Archive