Total Pageviews

progress

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Got a little art today

In case you can't read that small type, I have attempted to enlarge it below

I love using that machine but it's "blind" - the type is so small it can seldom be seen, and then only with intense light.  So I make a lot of amusing typos.


Before the show we looked at the "Art of the Book" exhibit at Collins Library.  It was small but impressive.
I thought, "This is the future of print media."  What I mean of course is that the fine book niche should do well IF there is enough confidence in the archival durability of the materials and craftsmanship.  

 

All that said, I want to be a proofreader/editor.  I seem to have a blind spot for my own dreck, but my writing buddy was quite impressed with all the suggestions I made for his novel, and having priced the service in a writing group he said my feedback is comparable to the samples he's seen from the pro, and thinks I should look into it.  To that end, I'd love to audition with the typosphere writers.  I'll tell you what I see, you tell me if that's useful and how it compares with other editors' feedback.  Any takers?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know much about editors, but it seems to me that such folks can make or break a novel. They are worth their weight in gold.

    So...GO FOR IT! An objective eye is extremely valuable.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know if capcha comes back. Thanks for commenting.

Followers

Blog Archive