Total Pageviews

progress

Saturday, August 8, 2015

book pics



I just took delivery of a batch of EIGHT Ron Goulart books, seven of which I didn't currently have.  I know this because I finally decided to start cataloguing my collections of three authors' books.  Besides Goulart, I also watch for Fred Hoyle novels and I thought I had a full set of Ian Fleming's Bond books.  Now thanks to the list, I know I need to reacquire "Thunderball" and "Live and Let Die" to re-complete the set.  Can't think where they could have gone, but I do misplace things.

Ron Goulart is still alive and writing.  He's even on facebook but I don't know if he wants fans as friends.  I'd be a little hesitant about it, but what do I know?



p.s.:  Now I feel the need to find a Joanna Russ book and see how I like it.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmn, that's a lot of Goulart, and you've mentioned him before. I think I picked up a few I haven't read yet (on a Henry Kuttner kick now), I'll have to shift one or two to the front of the queue. Any in particular you recommend as a starter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "After Things Fell Apart" is a good one to really get the flavor, as are"Hello, Lemuria, Hello" and "Wildsmith". He also ghosted Shatner's "Tek" novels but they didn't let him be as funny.

      Delete
  2. It just occurred to me that I've never seen those Bond covers here in Australia. These must have been the US publications. From memory, Signet were/are a US publisher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i'm looking for the last two from the same time frame. There was a complete set of republished ones from 2011 on shopgoodwill last week. I didn't go for them.

      Delete
    2. I've seen those covers selling on eBay from time to time.

      Delete

Let me know if capcha comes back. Thanks for commenting.

Followers

Blog Archive