Total Pageviews

progress

Thursday, February 17, 2011

More bad news

Just got back from the orthopedist and I have to cut way back on the manual typing to see if it improves my hand pain.  This will be enforced by She Who Must Be Obeyed (for you Rumpole fans out there). I was already missing my heavy iron because I'm unable to shift them from their shelves, and now I may not use the portables either.   So how will I write letters?  I thought of using the library's selectric.  Or writing longhand, and see if that cramps or not.

on a more positive note, I'm scaling back now so I can have a type-in later.  Is Easter weekend an option?  My employer inexplicably gives me Good Friday off (but not Presidents' Day?) which is April 22, so on that day the buses would run on a normal schedule if we could hold it then, or I could spend that day preparing for a Saturday event.

I'm still deciding on a venue.  Stay tuned for that.

3 comments:

  1. How about combining technologies? Use Dragon Naturally Speaking voice software to speak your letters, and then use Richard Polt's cool typewriter fonts to print out your letters before sending?

    Hang in there!
    Ledeaux

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer. I hope you will bounce back after some rest. That's what happened to me when I had to swear off all forms of typing for a while due to bad tendonitis in my elbow a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well! Your typewriters will be there waiting when you're ready for them. They're patient like that.

    Regarding a Tacoma type-in, personally I would have to bow out of an Easter weekend event--other commitments. But I'd be up for almost any other weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know if capcha comes back. Thanks for commenting.

Followers

Blog Archive