Total Pageviews

progress

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Did NOT buy this one

What I like about having a camera phone is that I can do an Adwoa at Goodwill and photograph what I want to show you and not have to buy everything.  A very interesting machine turned up at Spanaway Goodwill.  The Model D was made and sold concurrently with the Selectric.  I wish I knew what the price points were on them new, to know whether this was so much cheaper as to be competitive with, say, a Coronet or even the Praxis 48
If I was building a comprehensive narrative or filling a huge display space I'd probably contrast this with those and other electrics of the late 60's/early 70's, but this one remained on the shelf in Spanaway, enabling me to pick up the Underwood SX-150, much more in keeping with my collection.


This is still at goodwill, kinda neat.



doesn't say D, it says Model 12
hey there's my typewriter shop sticker!



1 comment:

  1. This Model D is beautiful. I think using the white+colored parts together with the dark (grey or black - depending on the color of the case I think) keyboard is pure beauty.
    I wish I had such a nice typewriter once.
    Not like I'm not satisfied with my 196c, but this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know if capcha comes back. Thanks for commenting.

Followers

Blog Archive