Total Pageviews


Saturday, March 26, 2011

St Vincent was holding out on me

My friend at the radio club told me there was a typewriter at SVdP.  I couldn’t find it the first time but he said it was still there so I looked again.  It turned out to be a Royal HH.
From a quick googling, it seems this kind of neglect and abuse is peculiar to the HH.  This one still needs more work but I think it will turn out well.  I may have to paint it.

and after cleaning


  1. Phew, that's one's been through the wringer. Hopefully the scruffiness is all on the surface, and the innards are clean and rust-free. It almost looks... fungal. I think a repaint is practically required here.

  2. I have this machine. I love it. Painting can be a little tough, though. You'll see what I mean when you look at it closer. Apart from the paper table and the ribbon cover, the panels are actually the frame. This makes it a really strong machine, but difficult to take apart to paint. I like the grungy look. It has battle scars.

  3. I am predicting a *radical recolouring* is in the works.

  4. I'm considering just inking it black do you think that would work?

  5. I wish I knew. what does FP stand for? Royal's cryptic sometimes


Let me know if capcha comes back. Thanks for commenting.


Blog Archive