Total Pageviews

progress

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Tabulator - when were you made?

What a funny name for a typewriter.  The only info I can glean is as usual form MOLG, and it's not much help as to date.  The serial no. is 4AR26853.  That R muddies the waters.  No exact match on TW-DB, but the 4A series is in the late 40's which I would think conflicts with the resin keytops.  So any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'll probably try the yahoo  groups next.  Here's that picture again so you don't have to go looking for it.

1 comment:

  1. This is a special one. :D

    I have actually seen a Tower Tabulator that looked just like this, with the paint and keytops belonging in the Super-5 era, and the styling in the Speedline era.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know if capcha comes back. Thanks for commenting.

Followers

Blog Archive